What is your name?
My name is Amir Rajan. I am a software craftsman with an ABET accredited degree in Computer Science and Software Engineering (UTD). I'm currently a Principal Consultant at Improving Enterprises.
I also have one of these:
What is your quest?
I want to effectively use
Microsoft all technolgies to create high quality, working (and useful) software.
What is the air speed velocity of an un-laiden swallow?
I have no idea. But I bet I can crank out code faster than one.
So you're a software craftsman?
For the most part. I think there is still some science to software, but I truely believe that the industry as a whole needs to start treating software as a craft. We have too many drag-and-drop developers that harp on their 10+ years of development experience, but can't seem to put together a coherent, maintainable software system.
So you consider yourself an expert?
Nope. I always struggle with new technologies and development platforms. But I go to great lengths to learn the "zen" of a technology. And I code. A lot. A whole lot. Also, I constantly try to improve and refine my development skills. What I lack in natural talent, I make up with shear determination, hard work and lots of coding....I guess I'm an expert in hard work.
Well. I'm an active member in the .Net community. I've given quite a few presentations.
You've given presentations in the .Net community?
Yep. I have given presentations on WCF, ASP.Net MVC, Restful Architectures, HTML5, WP7 and Silverlight.
Here's a list (past and future):
- C# SIG: UI Test Automation with Selenium (April 2012)
- Dallas Days of .Net 2012: .Net Ninja + Ruby Tipped Weapons = AWESOME (March 2012)
- C# SIG: Ruby and dynamic C# (March 2012)
- NDDNUG: REST and Backbone.js (Feb 2012)
- NDDNUG: Get things done with dyanmic MVC (Oct 2011)
- Dallas Techfest 2011: Dynamic ASP.NET MVC and BDD (Aug 2011)
- Dallas Techfest 2011: REST like the Best (Aug 2011)
- North Texas Silverlight User Group: Restful-MVC and Windows Phone 7 (May 2011)
- Dallas C# SIG: Practical Behavior Driven Development (April 2011)
- Dallas Days of .Net 2011: HTML5 Deep Dive (March 2011)
- North Dallas .Net User Group: Integrating Silverlight 4 with Asp.Net MVC 2 (Oct 2010)
- Dallas TechFest 2010: Particle Physics Engine in Silverlight and Asp.Net MVC?! (Jun 2010)
- Dallas .Net User Group: Integrating jQuery, Asp.Net MVC, and Silverlight (Apr 2010)
- Dallas DevCares: Integrating jQuery, Asp.Net MVC, and Silverlight (2010)
- Dallas DevCares: MVC vs MVP vs MVVM (2009)
- Dallas TechFest 2009: Silverlight - MVVM Crash Course (2009)
- Dallas .Net Connected Systems User Group: Leveraging WCF in Silverlight (2009)
- Dallas .Net User Group: Silverlight Line of Business Application (2009)
- Dallas .Net Connected Systems User Group: WCF Chat Application (2008)
I have more questions...
Feel free to email me: email@example.com. Twitter: @amirrajan